RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
On behalf of ESA, we are looking for a Galileo Project System Engineer to work at ESTEC’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will have the opportunity to provide system engineering support to the Galileo Project Management team, namely in the areas of technical schedule control, technical reviews organization, project risk management, project cost control and procurement.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contributing to the preparation of the Galileo system prime schedules, customer-furnished items list and Galileo system design, development and validation plan (technical core planning document).
- Controlling schedules of the industrial technical activities and progress with respect to plans by reviewing progress reports, participating to progress and technical meetings.
- Contributing to the preparation of tender and contract change documents covering technical schedule, risk management, programmatic and financial matters, participating in the evaluation of industrial proposals and contract change documents.
- Participating in the negotiations of industrial proposals for the areas of technical schedule, risk and financial matters.
- Contributing to preparing preliminary change implementation proposals in response to program level technical change requests (from the EC as Program Manager and/or GSA – entity responsible for the Galileo operations) covering financial, risk and technical scheduling aspects.
- Organizing and participating in ESA technical reviews of industrial activities involving coordination with external entities such as EC, GSA and other security-related bodies as required.
- Contributing to the project risk management function by identifying and documenting risks, analyzing its probability/impact and proposing appropriate mitigation actions.
- Contributing to preparation and analysis of internal/external status reports and plans.
- Interfacing with industrial primes in support to the Galileo Procurement Managers ensuring industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, technical schedule and risk-reporting.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Master’s or equivalent qualification in engineering.
- Experience in project management and negotiation in industrial context.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, as well as planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Confident in demonstrating sound judgment; integrity and good communication skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally for work.
- Eligible for Galileo security clearance by their national security administration.
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.