RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Post Launch Support Engineer to work at our customer premises in its site (ESTEC), in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
He/she will be assigned to one of the Copernicus missions.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Coordination of Post Launch Support (PLS) activities for the assigned mission.
- Support to the Operations Team.
- Technical Review and Analysis of industrial documentation and reports.
- Respond to Satellite warnings and anomalies coordinating technical experts and investigation team.
- Manage on-call lists for satellite mission support.
- Assess the on-orbit performance of the assigned satellite.
- Manage interactions with external organizations (e.g. Industries, Other ESA teams, Operations Team).
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master Degree in Engineering or in other relevant technical/scientific field.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering working experience in the space sector.
- At least 3 years of experience as Space System Engineer or Space System coordination activities with focus on operations and/or spacecraft development.
- Experience in anomaly resolution coordination in AIT/AIV environment or Operations environment.
- Very good understanding of the Phase E2 routine operations.
- Capability to assess long term and short-term performance of a satellite.
- Extensive experience in managing multiple team interfaces and coordination of different organizations.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience with one or more Copernicus missions.
ABOUT RHEA GROUP
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.