Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Project Manager to strengthen our cybersecurity team globally.
The Project Manager will work on assigned cybersecurity projects based on RHEA or client specific goals and needs. Initially this will primarily be EU Institution Research based projects. The Project Manager will use a combination of management skills and specific financial and administrative knowledge, to coordinate the assigned projects through their progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints.
From time-to-time, the Project Manager may be assigned as a subordinate project manager (e.g., as a Deputy Project Manager, or similar) according to the scale, scope and needs of the project, but having similar roles and responsibilities as outlined below.
On an as-needed basis, the Project Manager will be required to support development of security business and service lines through contribution of expertise, knowledge and experience in the development of proposals and at client meetings.
About the location
This position can be based from:
- Belgium (preferred)
- The Netherlands
The position will require occasional travel to other RHEA offices or client sites throughout Canada or Europe.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Taking full accountability and responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory completion of the project in line with RHEA Group PM Lifecycle and processes and Customer requirements.
- Managing Project subcontractors and suppliers.
- Developing and maintaining key project documents, including Project Management Plan, Risk Register and Delivery Reporting Pack.
- Leading the project team by collaborating with Technical Project Managers assigned as technical leads of the projects and task activities including taking appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risks to the success of the project and mitigating where required.
- Ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Communicating and coordinating project activities with the project team (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors) and ensuring that priorities are developed and known.
- Facilitating efficient communication across all levels of the project (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors, and client) to ensure consistency in reaching the project’s goal, and to help in the recognition of any potential opportunities, risks or complications.
- Ensuring Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedures.
- Managing the project resources and costs, forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis and overseeing the timely escalation of Project issues including identifying resourcing needs and skills gaps well in advance.
- Managing the change control procedure and ensuring that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Building strong customer relationships and supporting the Business Development function in expanding business with the client.
- Conducting Lessons Learnt throughout the Lifecycle of the project and reflects and acts on “lessons learned”.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the revenue or profitability by expanding the services of the project or facilitating new business through further projects.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Proven successful project and risk management experience (three years as minimum).
- Experience in managing European Institution and/or ESA Projects.
- Understanding current state-of-the-art Information Technology and of cybersecurity related concepts, issues and concerns.
- Sufficient technical understanding to enable the successful candidate to actively participate in technical discussions with the project team and to enable a solution driven process.
- Experience in managing complex and risky (geographically distributed) multi-party/stakeholder projects.
- Proven successful risk management experience.
- Experienced in Project Budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience working with commercial, government agencies, industrial, academic and non-profit organizations.
- Rapid self-starting capabilies and experience in team working.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and comfortable presenting in front of an audience.
- Customer and result oriented.
- Good planner and able to follow more than one subject at a time.
- Achieved or willing to work to the APMPQ qualification of equivalent
- Leadership skills – successfully co-ordinate staff and resources whilst implementing and maintaining policy
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Solve complex and ambiguous problems using structured thinking and data driven insights
- Committed to high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to positively manage conflicts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills and experience would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity concepts, issues, technologies and risk mitigation methods applied to space, critical infrastructure, defence or large enterprise markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity best practices applied at end-system, application, network or enterprise levels.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.