RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We have over 600 staff working across 11 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
You will have the opportunity to provide Product Assurance (PA) Engineering support to the Science Operations Department (SCI-S) of the European Space Agency, as part of the Software Product Assurance Team, at the European Space Astronomy Center, in Madrid.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Establish the PA requirements and PA plan relevant to the project in compliance with the ESA SW Engineering and Product Assurance standards.
- Guide and monitor the implementation of PA requirements by the project in order to ensure their proper implementation.
- Monitor and control the performance/effectiveness of the processes used during the development of the software.
- Maintain PA/QA processes and procedures relevant to the project (including PA documentation).
- Participate in inspections and reviews (scrums, design, code, documentation, …) of the project and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions.
- Define and ensure the correct application of problem reporting procedures.
- Define, implement and perform a metrication program to manage the development and to assess the quality of the development processes and the products.
- Implement and perform process assessment and improvement.
- Perform project audits and assessments specifically for quality and configuration practices.
- Provide support to SCI-S in PA/QA aspects, such as:
- Participate in project reviews when requested;
- Provide feedback on the projects by monthly report;
- Develop and maintain PA procedures and practices applicable to SCI-S.
- Maintain methods and tools relevant to PA/QA activities (e.g. Sonar tool), verifying and reporting their correct use by the project.
- Support test preparation (data, HW, procedures, etc.), witness testing and problem reports registers.
- Support TRR and TRBs and the setup and maintenance of the test environment when needed.
- Support configuration manager in preparing testing and deploying software releases.
- Support the configuration manager with the development, implementation and maintenance of configuration control procedures.
- Ensure document management process (e.g. releases) is in conformance with the Document management plan.
- Support the Risk management process per mission, including participation in regular risk assessment meetings.
- Support the selection and implementation of the development environment and verify availability to developers and users on time.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Relevant professional work experience: on SW engineering, IT systems or SW auditing, and/or product/quality assurance.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Knowledge and practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards (ECSS-E-ST-40C, ECSS-Q-ST-80C).
- Knowledge and proven hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Configuration control management of complex systems;
- SW engineering and PA Processes;
- Use and configuration of, at least, some of the following tools: Sonarqube, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Git/Gitlab, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins), Docker.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience on ESA software engineering processes and standards.
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of ESA ground segment facilities and some scientific background.
- Experience in Agile, and/or are a certified Scrum Master.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.