RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities,
Spacecraft Operations Engineer
We are currently looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer to work in the in the city of Harwell, United Kingdom.
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that in-orbit spacecraft platform missions are conducted safely to maximise the useful life of the spacecraft.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Perform changes to satellite operating procedures and associated documentation of changes to their schedules.
- The assessment and analysis of spacecraft trends and the effect of all spacecraft anomalies.
- Monitoring day-to-day Spacecraft ground subsystems.
- Liaising with Flight Dynamics (FD) and Satellite Design Authority (SDA) to ensure the safe and efficient scheduling of spacecraft operations.
- Understand and monitor all the spacecraft subsystems through monthly and yearly analysis.
- Provide advice as a technical expert to Management.
- Provide & review spacecraft in-orbit platform trend analysis data.
- Provide technical support to spacecraft on-station operations.
- Write, Validate and Technically Review Operating Procedures and associated documentation.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering in relevant engineering discipline (Space/Systems/Electronics/Mechanical) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the different satellite subsystems.
- Previous experience in a similar flight control role / operating environment.
- Use of satellite software management tools.
- Ability to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pro-actively within the team.
- Ability to work under pressure; resilience to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent team working spirit (task collaboration) with the ability to work autonomously if necessary.
- Technical report and procedure writing to a high standard.