RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to work four Client in the city of London, United Kingdom.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Technical support to System Level activities, reporting to System segment Lead.
- Ensure effective integration across space, ground, operations, and system segment activities and products; hardware and software.
- Supporting the coordination of system integration requirements.
- Applying lessons learned from similar space architecture system efforts to ensure successful definition, planning and development.
- Interacting and collaborating with contractor(s) and government leads to ensure that all system level interface requirements are consistent.
- Supporting the programme to define, capture, and maintain the system level technical, schedule, and cost risks throughout and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving engineering processes as required to support the design and development of the system segment.
- Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation.
- Developing briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- BSc or MSc, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
- Knowledge of GNSS theory and practice.
- Experience in RF Navigation and System Concepts.
- Experience of RF signal design.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated system engineering experience within space, ground, operations or sustainment segments of a space programme. Knowledge of ECSS.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Enterprise Architect and DOORS tools.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills.
- Eligibility for UK SC Clearance.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience of using open architecture system development efforts throughout the entire systems engineering lifecycle.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.