Engineering the world with you
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a Space Weather and SDA Consultant to join our team in the United Kingdom to support projects with ESA, the UKSA and other clients.
Examples of our current projects include Space Weather & SDA projects, Ground Segment projects, Position Navigation & Timing projects and our first RHEA launch called DOVER Pathfinder due to fly this autumn from Cornwall.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contributing to all stages in the delivery of customer-focused projects, research, development, consultancy and support activities in the field of Space Weather and Space Domain Awareness (SDA).
- Providing technical expertise, advice and guidance to colleagues, stakeholders and customers at all levels, technical, non-technical and management.
- Ability to identify, capture and drive forward innovative solutions.
- Building strong relationships of trust with the client, understanding the technical and organizational challenges they face.
- Capturing and analysing customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps.
- Supporting our clients with effective solutions and expert advice as prescribed by the clients’ requirements and ensuring all deliverables are met on time.
- Delivering high-quality projects to valued clients.
- Leading or supporting the capture of opportunities.
- Delivering high quality, competitive proposals in response to customer Invitations or requests.
- Raising and maintaining RHEA Group’s reputation with their customers, and developing, and growing existing networks.
- Completing all work, reporting and required processes to planned dates.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- BSc or above in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Direct work experience in the field of Space Weather or SDA.
- Ability to effectively lead a multidisciplinary team of academics and companies, communicate with scientists, government, infrastructure operators, industry bodies and expert groups, understanding and incorporating inputs into broader technical solutions.
- Experience in requirements capture, design and implementation.
- Proven ability in preparing high impact documents.
- Demonstrable project management experience preferably including governmental organizations.
- Strong understanding of Space Weather and its impacts on orbiting and terrestrial infrastructure.
- Understanding of the application of space-based services (e.g. telecoms, EO, navigation) in various industrial/government sectors.
- Knowledge of Space Surveillance and Tracking/Space Domain Awareness.
- Experience of architecting complex software systems.
- Proven ability to lead and prepare compelling proposals to government organizations.
- Knowledge of ECSS-standards for software development and space engineering.
- Exceptional time-management, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, verbally and in writing.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Willing to travel when required.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge.
- This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, all genders, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace