Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast-moving global company with a family feel? A job where you could have an impact?
We are looking for a technically capable Head of Space & Cyber Programmes to join our fast-growing team in the UK.
This role will act as the Technical Lead on multiple UK projects including the development of novel PNT, Ground Station Systems and projects related to both space and security. The ideal candidate will use their extensive space industry experience to support the UK business across our space programmes ensuring we deliver to our clients’ expectations.
RHEA Group operates a Hybrid working arrangement, but you will be required to meet with colleagues in the Harwell Office and with clients at their sites.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Delivering high-quality, competitive proposals in response to customer Invitations to Tender (ITTs) or Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Delivering a variety of high-quality projects to valued clients. This maybe onsite or offsite at client premises.
- Raising and maintaining RHEA Group’s reputation with their customers, and developing, and growing existing networks.
- Completing all work, reporting and required processes to planned dates.
- Supporting our clients with effective solutions and expert advice as prescribed by the clients’ requirements and ensuring all deliverables are met.
- Applying lessons learnt from similar space missions to ensure successful definition, planning and development.
- Applying technical oversight of projects, concepts and solutions.
- Providing strong and coherent leadership across all technical aspects.
- Effective interaction and collaboration with sub-contractor(s), clients and stakeholders.
- Supporting client programmes to define, capture, and maintain technical aspects, schedule, cost, risks and develop risk mitigation courses of action.
- Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation.
- Developing briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Maths, Physics or a similar field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of System Engineering, Security Aspects, PNT & GNSS theory and practice.
- 10+ years of demonstrated engineering experience within the Space Domain. Experience of PNT, space systems, ground systems, mission operations, or sustainment segments of a space programme. Knowledge of Security Aspects.
- Experience of technically leading projects throughout the entire systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Comfortable presenting and advising to board level, ability to simplify complex topics, articulate and cogent.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications as well as organisational skills.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- UK national, with eligibility for Government SC Clearance.
Why should you apply?
- You will have the opportunity to work within a major institution.
- We encourage everyone to think outside the box and to push the boundaries of traditional knowledge. This role is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and allows for a deeper understanding of the industry.
- Benefits include: competitive remuneration packages; unique career opportunities, including working in other countries; personalized training and development programmes; flexible relocation support.
We strongly encourage applications from all nationalities, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, men, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and ex-service personnel to apply.