RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for an IT System Engineer to work for our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), in the city of Frascati, Italy.
The IT System Engineer will work in the ESA’s end-user Division of the esaIT Department. He/she will provide central esaIT unified user support services and will maintain and sustain the end users digital workplace capabilities across the Agency.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Defining and documenting user requirements.
- Ensuring that the workplace service operates properly, interfacing workplace services supplied by the industrial service providers.
- Supervising the day to day service providers, their service delivery and provisioning, monitoring, measuring and reporting the performance against their SLA, including related infrastructures (availability, continuity, capacity, asset refresh).
- Supervising user requests and related trends such as for incidents, problems, changes, assets.
- Managing service catalogues and portfolios.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the SLA, as defined in the Quality Matrix section, and the Service providers SLA are respected.
- Handling of any workplace service-related exceptions and escalations.
- Mastering the end-user functional and service aspects.
- Reviewing and accepting the service and technical deliverables of service providers (Change Management).
- Supervising the Service configuration and implementation of resolution and related deployment planning (Configuration and Release management).
- Managing the insertion plan of any new service or its major enhancement, including the Insertion Service readiness review procedure.
- Applying a systematic approach for continuous service improvement, covering gaps of Service providers when necessary.
- In addition, providing support to the following areas:
- Communication Management.
- Major Incident (Highest severity/Priority issue).
- User Dissatisfaction management.
- User Complaint management.
- Supplier & Third parties Management.
- Management of baseline of workplace services.
- Performance Management Measurement and Reporting.
- Risk Management.
- Engineering activities.
- Providing support to esa IT for a variety of workplace services related tasks:
- Personal Computing devices (Laptop and mobile) services.
- Back-end Office services.
- IT Service Management system and tools.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Minimum a University Degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology domain with a solid and documented background and practise.
- At least 7 years of in-depth experience are required in coordinating and supervising service delivery and provision, operations of medium/large size contracts.
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- ITIL standard and best practise for Service delivery and Support processes.
- Workplace Technologies and IT Service Management tools suite
- Mobile applications domain and environments.
- Strong scripting and packaging technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with leadership qualities. You are able to maintain a good working relationships with a wide range of staff, customers and industry representatives (e.g. Service providers and HW/SW Vendors).
- Customer/End-User orientation possibly having executed both the roles of Supplier and Customer.
- Knowledge and experience in as many of the following, not limited to:
- Engineering knowledge with Windows Active Directory/ Azure AD
- Strong working experience with Group Policies / Replication Topologies / Azure AD / DNS / PKI / Microsoft PowerShell / Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 / Windows 10.
- In-Depth understanding of FISMO roles, AD infrastructure and security best practices.
- Strong working experience with Trust Relationships and 3rd party AD Integrations.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills with DNS / DHCP / CA (Certificate Authority), including packet analysis.
- Broad technical experience and understanding of having a multi-operating system environment (Windows, MacOS and iOS and Android)
- Mobile solutions and devices (Android and Mac Ios) in general
- Working experience with Group Policies / Replication Topologies / Azure AD / DNS / PKI / Microsoft PowerShell / Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 / Windows 10.
- Telephony analog/digital and Voice over IP communication (e.g. Alcatel Lucent IP telephony solutions, OXE, Open Touch, Rainbow).
- VoIP installations/upgrades and testing (e.g. Alcatel Lucent handsets.
- CISCO and Policom video systems, Content sharing, Virtual Meeting Room, S4B, Zoom, PixIP and other video platforms.
- IT Service management tools suites (BMC and Remedy suite, Service Now suite, SAP BO, Nagios, TMART for probing, etc.).
- Virtual VM/Desktop domains (Citrix, VM Ware).
This position is open to protected categories under Italian Law 68/99 (“Rules for the right to work of disabled people”).
Questa posizione e’ aperta alle categorie protette L. 68/99.