RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
We are currently looking for an IVV (Integration, Verification and Validation) and Operational Support Engineer to work in the RHEA Office in the city of Frascati, Italy.
The IVV and Operational Support Engineer will support the implementation and routine operations of the processing chain in charge of the systematic generation of the data acquired by the Copernicus Sentinel-1 Earth Observation mission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Support the preparation and execution of the testing, integration and acceptance of the single processing modules part of the Sentinel-1 production chain.
- Support the preparation and execution of the end-to-end testing of the Sentinel-1 production chain with respect to all its external interfaces and services (mission planning, auxiliary data gathering, precise orbit determination, mission performance, etc.)
- Support the deployment of the integrated processing chain on public cloud infrastructures.
- Upon delivery, manage the new releases of the software components part of the processing chain.
- Verify the documentation and assess the adequacy of the test specifications of the software components and their subsequent updates.
- Provide support to the monitoring of the routine operations of the Sentinel-1 processing chain, in particular in relation to the On-Line Quality Control (OLQC) carried out systematically on all generated data products.
- Carry out investigations in case of operational problems and open anomalies, interacting with other team member up to problem resolution.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support in coordination with other team members.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in Engineering or a technical field that provides similar competences.
- At least 2 years of IVV experience on complex and critical systems under Linux
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and change control processes.
- Experience in data processing systems and relevant technical standards (e.g. ECSS)
- At least basic knowledge of the Sentinel-1 data products. Knowledge of the Level-2 is particularly desirable.
- Capacity of shell programming and bash scripting. The knowledge of Python language is desirable.
- Teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Capacity of achieving schedule and milestones.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.