RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a Mechanisms Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluation.
- Establishment of Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development.
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans.
- Identification of enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA missions.
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios.
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards.
- Generation and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms. Back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Relevant experience within the field of mechanism design, analysis, verification and testing.
- Excellent knowledge in space system engineering, specializing in mechanisms.
- Knowledge of the Space Mechanism ECSS standard and its application to the design and verification of mechanisms.
- Good knowledge of space mechanism testing and verification methodologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of related mechanisms numerical analysis tools such as Adams, VirtualLab Motion, SIMPACK, Matlab/Simulink, Maxwell, Flux etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- At least 10 years of experience in Space mechanisms development.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.