RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for an experienced Configuration and Documentation Management (CADM) Officer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The key person will work across the Copernicus Programme (within the Earth Observation Directorate) and also be assigned to work on specific Projects.
The Configuration and Documentation Management Officer will report hierarchically to the Head of the Copernicus Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s). He/she will liaise on a daily basis with the relevant Product Assurance Managers, Project Controllers and the EOP QMS responsible.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Acting as a Configuration and Documentation management expert within Copernicus Programme to support the definition and maintenance of the project Configuration Management Processes and tools, and to promote standardisation.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the project CADM plans and monitor that CM performances are met (together with the Product Assurance Managers and Project Controllers).
- Act as secretary to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for the disposition of Request for Waiver (RFWs), Request for Deviation (RFDs) and configuration change requests / proposals. Prepare the meeting ad follow up disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Registration and distribution to relevant reviewers, of Change Requests, Contract Change Notices, Requests for Deviation/Waivers.
- Prepare the CCB meetings by soliciting the required inputs and follow up resulting actions and disposition of amendments to the contract.
- Support the control of the evolution of the Project Baseline Requirements and the provision of traceability of the changes.
- Support the setting up and coordination of Project Reviews to ensure the availability of the Data package and manage the RID/eRID System.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of adequate configuration control methods and procedures, consistent with applicable standards/requirements
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured configuration record system.
- Support the setting-up and monitoring of operations and maintenance of the Project Data Management System (DMS) Document Configuration and Change Management (DCCM) within the Eclipse software Suite for management, storage and control of ESA Unclassified – with Limited Distribution (e.g.: ITAR/EAR Docs) and Classified Information
- Assist in the preparation of project audits.
- Support configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Perform Data collection, extraction from different Corporate applications (e.g. PRISMA, Eclipse,) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- Support the project documentalists in retrieving documents from local DMS, DMS’s from external partners and/or industry.
- Train staff and contractors on Eclipse and other DMS tools.
- Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification, with at least 4 years of previous working experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Initiative, positive attitude and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external parties (e.g. Industry).
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of ESA Configuration and Documentation Management standards (ECSS).
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management tools.
- Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects in fields such as Product Assurance, System Engineering and/or Project Control.
- Knowledge of other European languages.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.