RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We have over 600 staff working across 11 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a Hera Project System Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Day to day coordination with industry, project team and operations team regarding definition of all instruments’ interfaces.
- Supporting the project team as focal point in all aspects related to instruments (interfaces, development and verification, planning, operability).
- Day to day technical follow up with industry and international partners of the instruments models and related software developments.
- Managing the applicable requirements for the instruments.
- Supporting the Hera lead system engineer for the technical follow-up of the prime contractor in the development and verification of the platform interfaces with the instruments.
- Oversight of the definition and implementation of the payload interfaces simulator by the prime contractor.
- Preparing and supporting payload verification activities, test setups, test execution (participation in the planning, TRRs, PTRs, NRBs, DRBs).
- Supporting operations preparation, definition of nominal and contingency instrument operation procedures that will be further integrated in the spacecraft operations procedures.
- Documentation review (test requirements, test plan and test report).
- Reviewing validation activity setups, with emphasis on infrared imaging detectors and the associated control electronics.
- Reviewing commissioning of the validation activity setup.
- Overseeing tests using the validation activity setup.
- Reviewing test data analysis and reporting to the relevant team,
- Support the Hera investigation team and close proximity operations working group in all aspects related to payload operations.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- PhD or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, with at least 4 years of experience.
- Extensive experience in space systems engineering with focus on payloads development including AIV/AIT.
- Experience in management of industrial activities including reviews.
- Knowledge of deep-space missions.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Be skilled at fostering cooperative and effective interaction with ESA stakeholders, scientific institutions and industry.
- Capability to work independently.
- System and results oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of asteroid missions
Working at RHEA
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.