RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We have over 600 staff working across 11 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
On behalf of ESA, we are currently looking for a Software PA Support Engineer to work in its Site (ESTEC) in the city of Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The Software PA Support Engineer will report to the Head of the Software Product Assurance section.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
- Other tasks:
- Agile practices.
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken.
Working at RHEA
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.