RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a Space Systems Security Engineer to support our cybersecurity team based in Redu, Belgium, or Harwell, UK, close to the European Space Agency’s (ESA) activities. The position will report to the Manager, Security Services.
This position will be based in Belgium at either of:
- Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC;
- Harwell, UK, at RHEA offices.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the space and cybersecurity domains. As a Space Systems Security Engineer, you will support the design, development and implementation of cybersecurity operations solutions for RHEA and its clients with specific attention to the space sector.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place! At RHEA Group, you will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cybersecurity projects for the European Space Agency, NATO, the European Commission, and commercial clients.
Tasks and Activities
Matching your experience, expertise and aptitude, you may work in any of the following assignments:
- Provision of best practice advice and guidance in the areas of cybersecurity operations for space systems, supporting incident detection, analysis and response including operations policy and procedure development, operational scenario definition, operations centre technology selection and implementation, network and host based sensor technology selection and implementation.
- Provision of best practice advice and guidance in the areas of vulnerability and patch management; intrusion detection and prevention; network and host security; network and host fingerprinting; advanced persistent threat (APT) and data leakage protection; firewall and virtual private network (VPN) technologies; data centre and cloud computing security; endpoint, extended and managed detection and response (EDR, XDR, MDR); security information event management (SIEM) and security orchestration, analytics and response (SOAR) solutions; cyber threat intelligence (CTI); and Threat Hunting.
- Design of security architectures involving information technology and operations technology (IT/OT) security upgrades and evolutions, including solutions focused towards cybersecurity operations of space systems.
- Design security solutions following a security-by-design approach.
- Review, enforce, assess and verify the compliance of designs against industrial security best practice including ISO27001 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Contribute to requirements analysis, design specifications, reports and other requested documentation.
- Contribute to security risk assessment leveraging different methodologies (including for example ISO27005, MEHARI, EBIOS, HTRA) and tools.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field.
- At least 5 years proven work experience as a senior security engineer.
- A team player and have proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Strong communication and documentation abilities.
- Good analytic and problem solving capabilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in analysis and design of a range of cybersecurity operations systems and solutions including, for example:
- Security concepts and solutions specific to the space sector, including knowledge and understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities of space assets, and mitigation techniques, in the ground, space and user segments.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR), Cyber Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting and Endpoint, extended and managed detection and response (EDR, XDR, MDR) solutions.
- Information Security concepts involving confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Certification and Accreditation concepts and processes for space systems.
- Cybersecurity concepts involving threat, vulnerability and risk analysis.
- Information Technology and Operations Technology (IT/OT) system security.
- A professional qualification or certification in a relevant field. Example certifications include Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certificate, Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified ISO 27001 Auditor, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, security product certifications (e.g., Checkpoint firewall certification) or similar is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communications capability in English.
- Must be a citizen of the EU.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience providing cybersecurity operations solutions in a diversity of information technology and operations technology (IT/OT) environments.
- Experience in information security services for space, critical infrastructure protection and defence market segments.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.