RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
We are currently looking for a SATCOM Ground Segment Engineer to work at our client’s premises in Harwell, Oxfordshire, in the United Kingdom.
The key person will support the activities in the Ground Technology and Products Section in the Telecommunication Satellite Domain.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Coordinate the initiation of activities related to technology and product
- design and development for the telecommunication ground segment.
- Evaluation, negotiation, monitoring and control of contracts and activities related to technology and product development for satellite telecommunication ground segments.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication ground segments.
- Provide input for the Department Business Intelligence management System.
- Support TIA Communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite telecommunications user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Expérience in SATCOM ground segment architectures for broadcasting, broadband, trunking, backhauling and mobile applications.
- Experience in the definition and implementation of ground solutions for satcom mobile systems
- Expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- Terminal modem design (FPGA and ASIC).
- Communication protocols including quality of service aspects, upper layer techniques in IP and networking, air interface techniques.
- RF and Microwave including LNAs, SSPAs, TWTAs, filters, frequency converters.
- Ground antennas for both fixed and mobile SatCom systems.
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.