RHEA Group is an international leading Space and Security engineering organisation providing engineering services and customised technology solutions enabling the design, operation and utilisation of space systems and other critical infrastructure. We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals worldwide; and offer a range of exciting career paths within our organisation and working alongside clients such as the UK Space Agency, the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, NATO, the European Commission, EUMETSAT, etc.
Satellite communications is the economic engine of the space industry, accounting for two thirds of overall space industry revenue. ESA’s programme of Advanced Research in Telecommunications Systems (ARTES) seeks to keep European and Canadian industry at the leading edge of this fiercely competitive global market by nurturing innovation. Through ESA’s support, industry can pursue research and development that would otherwise not be economically viable. Growing new space-enabled applications and services stimulates the wider economy, creating new business and jobs across almost every sector.
Your role of Flight Products Engineer will be working as part of the core ESA ARTES team in Harwell, Oxforshire, United Kingdom. You will provide technical and project management expertise for R&D projects focusing on the development of new Satellite components such as: Satcom flight hardware, optical communications technology, digitilisation, antennas, FPGA’s, 5g equipment.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
- Coordinate the initiation of activities related to technology and product design and development for the flight products.
- Evaluation, negotiation, monitoring and control of contracts and activities related to technology and product development for satellite flight products.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication flight products segments.
- Provide input for the Department Business Intelligence management system.
- Support TIA Communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Satellite Payloads.
- Experience in the definition and implementation of low level solutions.
- Experience in Project Management or management of sub-contractors.
- Expertise in one or all of the following areas:
- Satcom flight hardware;
- Optical communications technology;
- Satcom antennas;
About RHEA Group
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.