Enabling Intelligence. Delivering Results
To provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include: project management, systems design, preparation of engineering documents, testing and commissioning of telecoms systems. To be the lead Engineer for major SI projects and deputise for the Senior Engineering Manager in their absence.
Working in collaboration with the Project Management group to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers and with the Sales Group to ensure the effective delivery of technical consultation and estimates for bids and proposals.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance with Company policies, standards and regulations.
- Adherence with Company Values
- Manage of a virtual project team, lead engineer for the project, supervise other engineers and technicians on the lifecycle of the project maximising utilisation of the available resources.
- The detailed design, production of project documents & drawings, configuration, pre-fat testing, and conduction of client witnessed fats as required (paga, cctv, acs, radio, lan, wan, scs, ids, etc.)
- To provide effective management of all the project stakeholders during the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with suppliers and third parties and assist the project management group to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of each project on time and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met
- Assist the Project Management group with the successful delivery of each Project within timescale and to budget ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Mentoring of Graduate Engineers and Engineers
- Support the Company Quality Program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards. Ensuring compliance and maintainability of the ISO certifications across the SI operations performing appropriate checks to audit/monitor adherence.
- Commitment to the HSE standards across all technical work groups that provides the appropriate training, awareness, and job planning for zero incidents and accidents, both in the office or customer worksites.
- Includes travel and attendance at customer meetings, project review meetings, FATs, vendor system testing; site installation supervision, site commissioning and witnessing SATs both on and offshore as required.
- Any other adhoc tasks
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant technical subject (Preferably in Electrical & Electronics, or Telecommunications) or extensive relevant experience.
- Professional Accreditation such as Chartered Engineer, MIET or working towards these.
- Experience in projects work and proven work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels and participate in teamworking
- Capable of working under pressure and the ability to multi-task effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible and willing to meet customer requirements
- Experience with standard MS Office applications
- Travel may be required locally and internationally
- The candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At RigNet, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At RigNet, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
Working at RigNet
A career at RigNet means challenging work in an international environment. As a leader in customized communication services, applications and cyber security solutions, our success is based on employees who share a common commitment to innovation and creativity.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this role, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on our “apply” button and upload your resume or cv.
Disclaimer for Recruitment Agencies
RigNet does not accept any unsolicited applications from any source other than directly from candidates and will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.
RigNet UK Disclaimer
At RigNet, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it. RigNet is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
All interested and qualified persons should use our online career tools to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and require special accommodations to access this site, please contact the HR Team.