Director Spectrum Development
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
WHO WE ARE
Our customers will benefit from ultra-low latencies, high speeds, unparalleled security and true global coverage.
Now we are looking for the best talents for our offices in Munich and Berlin to make our vision come true.
- Pro-actively work with other colleagues across CTO, BD and regulatory teams to devise strategies in the field of spectrum management worldwide and be part of complex, cross company development projects
- Prepare new filings as well as modify and maintain the existing ITU filings that contain the technical specifications of NGSO satellite systems and managed relations with ITU and the filing administration
- Lead frequency coordination discussions with other NGSO and GSO operators to coordinate frequencies/operations in accordance with the international (e.g., ITU) and national regulations
- Develop technical documents in the interest of Rivada for work in ITU and other international organizations (e.g., CEPT)
- Support market activities and business development team
- Support/influence technical teams to optimize spectrum use while complying with frequency coordination agreements and regulatory requirements and work on creative solutions
WHAT YOU BRING ON THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in telecommunications or electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a spectrum/regulatory engineering, particularly in the C/Ku/Ka bands
- Knowledge of the ITU Radio Regulations and satellite related ITU-R Recommendations and ITU working parties in satellite related areas
- Extensive experience with satellite coordination
- Strong engineering skills incl. experience in performing link budgets and simulations to evaluate interference and RF system efficiency and ability to imagine and implement creative algorithms on computer to solve challenging problems
- A very good understanding of satellite RF communications
- Knowledge of satellite constellation modeling and simulation using basic orbital mechanics incl strong skills in using Microsoft office, Visualyse, Matlab or similar
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills to advocate convincingly in frequency coordination meetings
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to details
- Self-motivated and able to work constructively in multinational and culturally diverse teams internally and externally
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Flexibility to travel
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
This permanent position was created recently and thus offers a lot of creative freedom. Our approach is to create a diverse and modern environment with a hybrid working model. We offer an attractive salary depending on your experience. If this sounds like you, we will be happy to discuss. Please send us your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rivada Space Networks is an equal opportunity employer with the approach to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability, or other characteristics.
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. With offices in Germany and the United States, Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
By putting infrastructure in space and thus creating a network that is truly global, we will be able to provide a new and revolutionary solution for today’s biggest data networking challenges. Two highly innovative and reputable companies will construct and launch our satellites.
Rivada is working with Terran Orbital to manufacture and SpaceX to launch our satellites. Deployment starts in 2025 with full-service launch in 2026.