System Simulation Engineer
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
WHO WE ARE
Our customers will benefit from ultra-low latencies, high speeds, unparalleled security, and true global coverage. The satellites will be launched between 2024 and 2028.
Now we are looking for the best talents for our locations in Munich and Berlin to make our vision come true
- Contributing know-how to Rivada Space Networkssystem engineering team in the domain of system simulation
- Requirement definition for the simulation of various subsystems of the Rivada Space Networkssystem
- Internal development of system simulations tools that can access e.g., efficiency of specific operations concepts, protocols, and user distribution
- Working with external partners to find synergies in the domain of system simulations. Adaptation and integration of tools from various vendors to form an integrated simulation platform
WHAT YOU BRING ON THE TABLE
- Successfully completed a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar fields of study
- Several years of experience simulating complex systems preferably communication systems
- Good understanding of DVB standards such as DVB-S2X, DVB-RCS2, and similar standards
- Good understanding of MPLS and TCP/IP standards
- Good understanding of control plane and management plane protocols of communication networks preferably satellite communication
- Proficiency in simulation tools such as MATLAB, C (or similar) and in network simulation tools
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to communicate in well-written technical documents
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
This permanent position was created recently and thus offers a lot of creative freedom. Our approach is to create a diverse and modern environment with hybrid working model. Besides an attractive salary depending on your experience, we will offer you additional benefits such as supplementary insurance, mobility subsidies and language classes soon courses.
Rivada Space Networks is an equal opportunity employer with the approach to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability, or other characteristics.
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. With offices in Germany and the United States, Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
By putting infrastructure in space and thus creating a network that is truly global, we will be able to provide a new and revolutionary solution for today’s biggest data networking challenges. Two highly innovative and reputable companies will construct and launch our satellites.
Rivada is working with Terran Orbital to manufacture and SpaceX to launch our satellites. Deployment starts in 2025 with full-service launch in 2026.