Requirements Database Engineer
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
WHO WE ARE
Our customers will benefit from ultra-low latencies, high speeds, unparalleled security, and true global coverage. The satellites will be launched between 2024 and 2028.
Now we are looking for the best talents for our locations in Munich and Berlin to make our vision come true.
You will be responsible for all aspects related to the requirements database, in particular:
- Setup an efficient Requirements database system, capturing the requirements at the various levels of the system decomposition and providing the following
- Top-down and bottom-upwards trace between the various decomposition levels
- Possibility to import and trace to lower level requirements generated by contractors
- Controlled maintenance of the requirements baseline in relation with a change management process, allowing to provide Rivada Space Networks with the currently active requirement baseline of the programme
- Link to a Verification Control Database, allowing to reflect the current verification situation and coverage for the requirements
- Act as the custodian of the requirements database and as a focal point for all requirements baselines
- Maintain the requirements database throughout the development cycle, and together with the future operations team, make the database suitable for its continued maintenance during the operations phase
- Support the System and the IVV team in setting up and using a verification control database based on the requirements database
- Support reviews, assessments, configuration audits or major milestones by providing the currently applicable requirements baseline for the various system, sub-systems or element levels as relevant
- Interface matters, being inter alia the book captain of the relevant interface documentation and ensuring this information follow the configuration management process
WHAT YOU BRING ON THE TABLE
- Successfully completed a degree in engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining configuration controlled requirements management systems, ideally in the context of a space or telecommunications programme
- General knowledge of Change management processes, ISO9001, Requirements Management tools, VCDs, Configuration and/or Version control tools and related processes would be an advantage
- excellent written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
This permanent position was created recently and thus offers a lot of creative freedom. Our approach is to create a diverse and modern environment with hybrid working model. Besides an attractive salary depending on your experience, we will offer you additional benefits such as supplementary insurance, mobility subsidies and language classes soon courses.
Rivada Space Networks is an equal opportunity employer with the approach to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability, or other characteristics.
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. With offices in Germany and the United States, Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
By putting infrastructure in space and thus creating a network that is truly global, we will be able to provide a new and revolutionary solution for today’s biggest data networking challenges. Two highly innovative and reputable companies will construct and launch our satellites.
Rivada is working with Terran Orbital to manufacture and SpaceX to launch our satellites. Deployment starts in 2025 with full-service launch in 2026.