Satellite Orbit Control Specialist
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
WHO WE ARE
Our customers will benefit from ultra-low latencies, high speeds, unparalleled security, and true global coverage. The satellites will be launched between 2024 and 2028.
Now we are looking for the best talents for our locations in Munich and Berlin to make our vision come true.
The Mission: Delivery of a Satellite constellation and ensuring the Satellite Orbit Control meets the needs of the System.
The Satellite Orbit Control Specialist (all genders) is responsible for the ensuring the Satellite Orbit Control and Propulsion sub-system provides the necessary technical functionality and performance required by the System. You shall act as part of the Customer team, keeping oversight on the Space Segment Prime Contractor(s).
- Space Segment procurement activities focusing on Satellite Orbit Control, including review of Satellite documentation
- Definition and management of related Space Segment and Satellite Requirements
- Technical support to the System Level Engineering Team for related topics, such as:
- Performance and technical specifications
- Orbit Analysis
- Operations and control
- Review of Satellite verification approach and support to system level tests
- Support to related Satellite technical topics
- Orbit Analysis to support LEOP, Station keeping and de-orbit activities
- Support to Satellite fuelling activities
- Support to definition and execution of in-orbit tests, manoeuvres and operations
- Visits and review of Satellite Prime activities
WHAT YOU BRING ON THE TABLE
- You should have a minimum experience of 10 years in the field of Satellite System development in Phase CD, focusing on Orbit Control and Orbit Analysis
- Experience in related System Engineering activities such as requirements and interface management
- Knowledge of Propulsion systems and Orbit Analysis
- Good verbal and written skills. Good team working is essential
- Able to guide and control Satellite Prime and Avionics supplier
- Willingness to work flexibly and as necessary to achieve the goals on time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
This permanent position was created recently and thus offers a lot of creative freedom. Our approach is to create a diverse and modern environment with hybrid working model. Besides an attractive salary depending on your experience, we will offer you additional benefits such as supplementary insurance, mobility subsidies and language classes soon courses.
If this sounds like you, we will be happy to discuss. Please send us your CV to: email@example.com
Rivada Space Networks is an equal opportunity employer with the approach to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability, or other characteristics.
Rivada Space Networks GmbH is launching and operating a constellation of low-earth-orbit satellites to redefine secure, global connectivity for governments and enterprises. With offices in Germany and the United States, Rivada has developed a state-of-the art orbital network consisting of 600 satellites interconnected via laserlinks. We can connect any two points on the globe without touching the ground, for unparalleled security, latency, throughput, reach and mobility.
By putting infrastructure in space and thus creating a network that is truly global, we will be able to provide a new and revolutionary solution for today’s biggest data networking challenges. Two highly innovative and reputable companies will construct and launch our satellites.
Rivada is working with Terran Orbital to manufacture and SpaceX to launch our satellites. Deployment starts in 2025 with full-service launch in 2026.