- Play a pivotal role and foster culture of excellence within the Discipline leadership team
- Full time, ongoing position available and based at Bundoora East campus
- Remuneration for Academic Level E + 17% Superannuation + Flexible Working Arrangements
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
About the Role
As the Professor, you will have strong academic and researcher background in space engineering, space systems and technologies, including spacecraft/satellites systems and payload design and integration and their guidance, navigation, and control. Your role will involve:
- Significant contribution to teaching and research outputs, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance
- Providing high level research leadership by developing and leading research project teams and programs and fostering a vibrant research culture
- Developing a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners
- Teaching ach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the discipline with the aim of improving learning outcomes for students within both online and blended delivery
- Contributing significantly to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University, as appropriate
You will have:
- Ability to manage award program/s and lead program reviews
- Demonstrate distinction at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record in Space Engineering
- Ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and ability to foster culture of excellence
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment
- PhD in Aerospace/Space Engineering or related fields
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check
Please submit your resume, cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role and separate response to Key Selection Criteria as stated on the Position Description is required. Please apply by clicking on this link https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers and looking up job number JR2471.
We understand that life is multi-dimensional, and you may experience a range of professional and personal circumstances that may have affected your career. As such, we implemented ‘Achievement Relative to Opportunity’ (ARtO) principles within our recruitment-related policies and processes. You may decide to activate ARtO to address the impact of personal or work circumstances on the scope of your application.
Please indicate in the application form if this applies to you and attach any supporting documentation that explain your circumstances. For further information on ARtO, please click here and scroll down to Achievement Relative to Opportunity (ARtO) section.
For more information, please see the Position Description attached on the direct job ad or contact hiring manager Professor Pier Marzocca, Associate Dean – School of Engineering at email@example.com
For any enquiries related to the recruitment process, please contact Aleks, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org