Made In Space Europe seeks to facilitate the industrialisation of space. In this exciting chapter of human exploration, our company is providing robotic technologies that deliver unprecedented capabilities. These technologies enable extraordinary missions in Earth orbit, on planetary surfaces, and beyond.
We are looking for people who are passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for space applications and extreme terrestrial environments.
As a Robotics Mechanical Engineer at Made In Space Europe, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise your passion for robotics through designing, building, and testing the mechanical elements of robotic arms that go to space. We believe that our work is the foundation to achieving a future where the industrialisation of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
Your work will focus on building the new generation of robotic arms optimized to work in a space environment.
You will be:
- making a 3D design of mechanical parts,
- completing necessary analyses and simulations,
- optimizing mechanical designs to achieve better performance and higher reliability,
- preparing manufacturing and assembly technical drawings,
- selecting and acquiring necessary components,
- fast prototyping,
- cooperating with technicians during part machining and hardening,
- conducting performance tests of prototypes built by you,
- supporting the rest of the team during integration and system tests,
- improving and modify designs.
Together with team of mechatronics, electronics, and software engineers you will integrate mechanisms with sensing, processing, commanding, and executing elements of the robotic arm system.
At Made In Space Europe, we provide:
- game-changing engineering challenges,
- the ability to make a change and involvement in daily company decisions,
- friendly environment,
- competitive salary and achievement-based bonuses.
What are we looking for in you?
You have demonstrated experience in designing and developing commercial or scientific robotic arms or manipulators. You have worked with mechanical devices and precise mechanisms. You have a deep understanding of robotics and manipulation systems. You have worked on at least one project from initial design to final implementation. You have experience in mechanism design, in doing supportive thermal and stress analysis and simulations, in cooperating with machining workshops, and in integrating and testing systems. A professional background in the space industry is very helpful, though for this role experience in the aerospace industry is not required, and you will have plenty of support from space experts within the team.
The robotics that you design will help our partners exploring the surface of the Moon, servicing satellites in Earth orbit, removing space debris and one day mine asteroids in space.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering,
- strong fundamental knowledge within mechanical engineering and machine design,
- strong qualifications in CAD design
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing commercial robotic arms or manipulators,
- 5+ years of professional experience as a mechanical engineer
- software expertise: Fusion 360, Inventor, SolidWorks, Ansys, Matlab, Word, Excel,
- proficient oral and written communication skills,
- fluency in English.
Preferred skills and experience:
- deep understanding of robotics and manipulation systems,
- experience in fast prototyping and testing,
- experience in creating drawing packages for machine shops and working with machine shops,
- strongly proactive
- demonstrated ability to work hard, under demanding schedules,
- ability to develop warm peer-to-peer relationships.
- know your way around a machine shop and comfortable using CNC, mill, lathe, sheet metal bending, drill press, and 3D printers