YOUR LAUNCH INTO THE NEW SPACE. Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) was founded on the belief that opening fair and low-cost access to space will remove boundaries limiting human evolution. RFA is developing a launch service for small satellites to space in a unique set up to better understand and protect our Earth.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is part of the OHB Group with headquarter in Augsburg. With our experienced core team, we are focusing on low cost launch technology within an automotive manufacturing environment. We are constantly growing and with a little more than 3 years into full operations we’re at over 120 employees. If you are interested in joining the up and coming space program, then apply to us.
For permanent employment the department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for a
Test Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated test engineer (m/f/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
• Test specialized pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems
• Develop test procedures and plan for testing activities
• Comply with occupational health and safety rules
• Find most cost-and-time-effective strategy for yielding relevant test results
• Degree in engineering and/or related discipline
• Ideally a completed trade in the engineering sector
• 5+ years of experience
• Strong understanding of sensor systems
• Strong experience using National Instruments equipment or comparable
• Strong experience using the Labview software package or comparable
• Experience with NX (preferred) or a similar cad package
• Mechanical aptitude for manual metal working machines and equipment
• Outstanding passion for engineering, as clearly demonstrated by the vast number of extracurricular projects and activities
• International experience working abroad
• You are a quick learner and can adapt to new tools and environments
• Practical, hands-on experience from electrical or mechanical projects (through university, personal or other)
• Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
• Self-independent and a structured way of working
• High social intelligence and drive to jump-in and help wherever needed