Making access to space fair and affordable is our dream.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated guidance, navigation and control engineer to join our special-projects rocketry team. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for creating guidance, navigation and control (GNC) software for an orbital vehicle. Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence and exceptional attention to detail? Then apply for us.
Your responsibilities & tasks
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis using ASTOS software
- Work with MATLAB, Simulink, and ASTOS to design and build guidance, navigation, and control system components
- Conduct stability and performance assessments including the development of linear and non-linear models
- Design, analyse, and tune vehicle attitude and position control loops using time and frequency domain techniques
- Perform analyses, including simulations and Monte-Carlo studies to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements
- Degree in engineering and/or related discipline. A higher degree is considered advantageous
- Ideally extensive experience (5+ years) in a robotics or aerospace field performing control system implementation in Simulink/MATLAB
- Demonstrated knowledge in vehicle state estimation, flexible body control, GNC algorithm development, Kalman filtering, trajectory design, and optimization
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation
- Experience in control system design and the implementation of control laws tolerant to real-world effects (non-linearities, signal noise, vibration modes, etc.)
- Knowledge in programming in C/C++ on a Real-Time Linux platform is considered advantageous
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- High social intelligence, Self-independent and a structured way of working
If you would like to become a valuable member of our company, we look forward to receiving your complete application.