Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
For permanent employment, the Finance department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for an
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated accountant (f/m/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum. If this sounds expiring to you, then apply with us.
- Responsible for monthly and annual financial statements according to HGB including annual closure
- Perform accounting operations on all flows & processes including checking transfers and corresponding invoices
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Processing of payment transactions
- Management of open items, management of running, and SEPA direct debit
- Reviews and verifies profit and loss, expenses, and other financial documentation
- Contribution to the annual business planning process and forecasting cycles by gathering, verifying,
and preparing relevant information
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Apprenticeship as an accountant or tax assistant or degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related qualification
- 3+ years of work experience in accounting in Germany
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, standards & regulations according to HGB
- Experience in handling tax topics e.g. VAT, tax declaration, etc.
- Ideally, experience with accounting for development projects in a technical industry
- Hands-on experience with accounting/financial software e.g. DATEV
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) in both fluent English and German
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Independent, goal-oriented, and conscientious way of working
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after works
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level.