Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated assembly technician (m/f/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. Our international and agile team is searching for a motivated assembly technician for propulsion and vehicle systems. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts in a NewSpace environment. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping production costs at an absolute minimum. You enjoy being proactive and work within an experienced team? Then apply with us.
- Assembly of rocket engine components and test equipment
- Conduct acceptance tests and lead mechanical prototyping efforts
- Perform high precision calibration and advanced adjustments using testing instruments
- Perform equipment assembly according to engineering drawings
- Cleaning of all parts as per established cleaning procedures within the cleanroom
- Perform installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting prototypes as required
- Completed trade in the relevant engineering sector
- Experience assembling high-pressure systems
- Mechanical aptitude for manual metalworking machines and equipment
- Electrical aptitude and willingness to learn test procedures
- Outstanding passion for engineering, as clearly demonstrated by the vast number of extracurricular projects and activities
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Practical, hands-on experience from electrical or mechanical projects
- Independent, with a structured way of working and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after work
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.