Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated development engineer cable harness design (m/f/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum. If this sounds inspiring to you, then apply with us.
- Design of electrical harnesses for power distribution, RF, communication, and high-speed data signal
- Selection of harness components, cables, wires, connectors, and crimps
- Create detailed cable harness drawings including BOMs and assembly documentation
- Communicate with other engineering departments on harness placement and attachment points
- Verify prototype cable designs and run designs through the environmental qualification process
- Assist in the down selection of sensors or actuators used across the vehicle
- Prepare assembly and procedure documentation to a high standard following industry best practice
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years work experience in electronics or mechatronics environment, ideally with extensive experience in Wiring Harnessing Design
- Excellent understanding of wiring harness terminology and technique
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronics and common electronic components
- Show a broad knowledge of sensor types and the different use cases
- Basic knowledge of PCB design would be advantageous
- Experience with common test and troubleshooting equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Self-independent, a structured way of working, and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after work
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.