Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated flight computer programmer (m/f/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- Develop C++ code for flight computer and telemetry systems
- Create optimized code for rocket control system algorithms on a real-time Linux platform
- Generate high-performance telemetry code for data handling, compression, storage, and error correction
- Create tools for analysis, testing, and code verification
- Develop drivers for integrating peripheral systems through various interfaces
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to solve large complex issues
- Create relevant documentation when required
- A degree in Electrical or Computer engineering or related discipline
- A demonstrated ability to create a clean, efficient, and reusable C++ code
- Experience with a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Work experience with unit testing, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Deep knowledge of the network stack, networking, and the OSI model down to the physical layer
- Good knowledge of real-time operating systems and sockets
- Experience with Control systems (controllers, filters, observers, state estimators)
- Understanding of the configurability and capabilities of the Linux kernel
- Experience with Simulink auto-coding is considered advantageous
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- The ability to work independently and within a team, to learn quickly, and to solve problems independently
- Inquisitiveness and strong lateral thinking skills
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after work
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level.