Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated LabVIEW control and systems integration engineer (f/m/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity that will allow you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- LabVIEW programming of the bespoke test, embedded and distributed control systems on Windows UI, Real-Time and FPGA layers
- Create TCP/IP and UDP serialization and communications libraries
- Program highly robust, modular, and reusable code libraries
- Selection, interfacing, testing, and validation of DAQ and control system hardware
- Interface with engineers to produce and fulfill test system specifications
- Read and produce wiring/circuit diagrams
- Degree in robotics, electronic engineering, mechatronics automation, and/or related discipline – a postgraduate degree is considered advantageous
- Strong experience in programming large-scale applications using National Instruments LabVIEW on Windows, Real-time, and FPGA platforms e.g. cRio, cDaq, sbRio, etc.
- The ability to work ‘hands-on’ from first principles to diagnose electrical and electronic issues using common test and measurement equipment. Equally comfortable with theoretical and practical approaches to problem-solving
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Extensive experience with common sensors, transducers, and actuators
- Experience with the design and development of custom RIO Mezzanine cards and FPGA interfacing is advantageous
- Practical hands-on experience in control cabinet assembly is advantageous
- Strong lateral thinking skills, high social intelligence, and the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after work
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.