Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
Our international and agile team is searching for a motivated propulsion test engineer (f/m/d) to support our propulsion team. You enjoy working in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for high-performance engineering solutions in aerospace technology? Then apply with us.
- Design and build test setups and test benches for propulsion systems
- Hands-on setup of test benches and necessary testing infrastructure
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Develop test procedures and analyze test results
- Support the development of new propulsion design based on real test data
- Perform design, analysis, and development engineering tasks for various propulsion systems
- Align resources to accomplish key objectives, assign clear accountability for important objectives
- Use various testing, analysis, modeling, and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance
- Create technical documentation
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years work experience in space propulsion systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in the basic principles of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, thermochemistry, mechanics, and pressurized components
- Experience in operating and maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Excellent knowledge of physics, engineering materials, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with Siemens NX is a plus
- Hands-on workshop experience is beneficial
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Self-independent, a structured way of working, and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level.