Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
For permanent employment, the Propulsion department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for a
Turbopump Development Engineer (m/f/d)
Our international and agile team is searching for a motivated turbopump development engineer (f/m/d) to support our propulsion team. Do you enjoy working in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for high-performance engineering solutions in aerospace technology? Then apply with us.
- Design, build and test our turbopump and turbopump components (pumps, turbines, shafts, housings, etc.)
- Take projects from initial concept to completion, managing every step of the process
- Support component and sub-system testing of the turbopump
- Define the test configuration, test process/execution, and review the results
- Perform mechanical and fluidic analysis of turbopump components/systems
- Work together with our propulsion engineers to ensure the turbopump meets system-level requirements
- Generate detailed documentation to support design and testing tasks
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years work experience in turbomachinery design
- CAD design experience
- Able to carry out basic hand calculations
- Good understanding of thermodynamics, compressible and incompressible flow, thermochemistry, mechanics, and materials
- Experience with rotating machinery testing (combustion engines, turbomachinery, etc)
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Self-independent, a structured way of working, and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of various hardware manufacturing techniques and quality control
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after works
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.