Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
The Propulsion department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for an
Intern/working student (m/f/d) CFD
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated intern/working student (m/f/d) for CFD to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- Validation of an aerodynamic model of a launch vehicle
- Determination of aerodynamic coefficients and uncertainty ranges
- Develop and design fluid distribution solutions
- Based on numerical results and critical comparison to experimental data, proposing ways for improvement and alternative solutions
- Current student in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with numerical methods and associated theory
- Familiarity with CFD simulations in STAR-CCM+ and/or ANSYS Fluent/CFX
- Experience with Python, MATLAB, and/or any other programming language
- Understanding the derivation of aerodynamic coefficients
- Ability to critically review numerical data and apply physical models to correlate to test data
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Self-independent and a structured way of working
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after works
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.