Intern/Working Student Flight Computer Programming (C++)
Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
The Avionics department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for a
Intern/working student (m/f/d) Flight Computer Programming (C++)
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated intern (m/f/d) flight computer programming to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- Support our avionics team by developing the C++ code for flight computer and telemetry system
- Create optimized code for rocket control system algorithms on a real-time Linux platform
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to solve large complex issues
- Create relevant documentation when required
- Current student in electrical, computer, or software engineering or related discipline
- A demonstrated ability to create clean, efficient, and reusable C++ code
- Experience with a scripting language (python preferred)
- Experience with microcontrollers and control systems (controllers, filters, observers, state estimators) is considered advantageous
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after works
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.