Intern/Working Student Wiring Harness Design
Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, then join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
The Avionics department at Rocket Factory Augsburg AG in Augsburg is looking for a
Intern/working student (m/f/d) Wiring Harness Design
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated intern/working student (f/m/d) wiring harness design to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- Design of electrical harnesses for power distribution, RF, communication, and high-speed data signal
- Selection of harness components, cable, wire, connectors, and crimps
- Create detailed cable harness drawings including BOMs and assembly documentation
- Communicate with other engineering departments on harness placement and attachment points
- Verify prototype cable designs and run designs through an environmental qualification process
- Prepare assembly and procedure documentation to a high standard following industry best practices
- Current student in electronics, mechatronics engineering, or related discipline
- Good understanding of wiring harness terminology and technique
- Knowledge of electronics and common electronic components
- Experience with common test and troubleshooting equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, and multimeters
- Fluent oral and written English skills (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after works
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.