Opening fair and affordable access to space.
Rocket Factory Augsburg AG (RFA) is a young international space startup. It was founded in 2018 as a spin-off of the OHB Group on the belief that daily space travel will revolutionize space service and the way we can improve life on earth. RFA is developing small launcher solutions for low-cost access to space in a unique setup. If you want to be part of this NewSpace adventure pioneering space, join our journey and apply for our permanent and internship positions.
We are looking for an exceptionally motivated structural analysis engineer (f/m/d) to join our special-projects rocketry team. This is a rare opportunity allowing you to be involved in demanding prototyping efforts that are supported by major, time-and-cost-critical test campaigns allowing us to close short-iteration development cycles at a fast pace. You will work in a dedicated, dynamic, and international environment that aims for excellence by creating high-performance engineering solutions while keeping prototyping and production costs at an absolute minimum.
- Perform complex finite element analysis and modeling
- Guide product design and verify structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations
- Develop test plans and configurations and analyze test results to validate and verify systems and components that meet the requirements and specifications
- Review engineering stress analysis and design packages to ensure conformance to design codes and specifications
- Perform structural mechanics evaluations/analysis of the behavior of structures, systems, and components under normal operating conditions
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience performing structural analysis preferably in the space industry
- Detailed knowledge of rockets with respect to structure, materials, and processes specifications
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis Software like ANSYS
- Excellent knowledge of physics, engineering materials, and manufacturing processes
- Fluent English oral and written (all day-to-day activities are performed in English)
- Self-independent, a structured way of working, and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Exciting and challenging NewSpace environment
- Start-Up atmosphere: join the international RFA family
- Flexible working hours
- Stay healthy and enjoy our free fruit baskets
- We will make sure to not run out of coffee
- Free parking also for your bike
- Easy and fast connections in the heart of Augsburg
- Regular company events like Friday after work
- Self-organized after-work sport activities
Become part of our international team and take your professional and personal development to a new level. Please apply only via our online tool.