Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As Lead Test Engineer you will be responsible for leading an entire function of engineering work on propulsion testing. You will have the scope to direct the team’s engineering efforts, as well as provide direction for other teams across Rocket Lab for the organisation’s success. This position is vital to the success of Rocket Lab’s Propulsion testing program and requires an individual with a strong background in mechanical research and development. On a daily basis the role will predominantly be contributing to the development of new products with the development of existing products being second priority.
What you need to bring to the role
- 6+ years in industry experience in the mechanical research & development space
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification
- Proven track record of leading a team to deliver multiple projects from conception to operation
- Experience working on one or more of the areas below to solve industry related problems applicable to rocket engines: Structural static and / or non-linear analysis; Modal and/ or frequency domains analysis; Computational fluid dynamics analysis; Heat transfer or thermal analysis; Sensors and instrumentation
- The ability to work to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/r