We go space to improve life on earth
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As Engineer II with our Ground Systems Engineering team you will be responsible for the design, build, test and commissioning of structures and mechanisms for our launch sites, test sites and mobile equipment. You will also be involved in project planning and working closely with technicians to ensure projects are delivered on time and to specification.
- Mechanical or structural engineering degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering design, test and/or operations in aerospace and/or industrial sectors
- 3D CAD & PLM software (e.g. SolidWorks & EPDM)
- Ability to work in fast paced, autonomously driven environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience with structural steel, launch pad systems, engine test stand, or other similar industry
- Experience with structural design and analysis
- Experience with industrial machinery and equipment
- NX and Teamcenter
- Experience with ASME, ASTM, and/or NASA ground system standards would be an asset
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace