Rocket Lab is redefining how we access SPACE. The satellites of today are getting smaller, doing more and costing less � and thousands of them need to get on orbit. Small satellites have been promised frequent, reliable and affordable dedicated launch for decades. Rocket Lab is delivering on this with a tailored, responsive launch service operating right now.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Avionics Technician to lead our HV battery assembly team taking primary responsibility for all work that is conducted in the HVB team, including quality and schedule delivery, efficiency and safety of the technicians operating in that work centre. Focusing on the daily tasks, they ensure that the battery team productivity is maximised to enable delivery to be achieved, while never compromising on safety or quality.
- NZ High School Diploma, NCEA level 2 or equivalent
- 5+ years of senior level hands on experience in aviation/aerospace/manufacturing
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proven ability to manage resources to meet expected production rate demand and plan for future increases
- Proven ability to aligning capacity to production forecast
- Proven ability to develop leadership in direct reports
- Has shown high level of responsibility towards team
- Has shown ability to improve processes and increase efficiency of tasks within functional area
- A high work rate and be able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- A very high level of attention to detail and the ability to produce work to an exceptional standard of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to read, understand and follow manufacturing instructions and drawings
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.
JOB REF: 3163885