We go to space to improve life on Earth
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
About the role
We are looking for an intuitive engineer with mechatronics skills to work on our rocket engine electromechanical components. Day to day the role will cover engineering improvements of existing designs and development of new designs for upcoming projects. You will be working in a team of skilled engineers with a wide range of capabilities to launch your engineering work to space. This role focusses on work across mechanical hardware, PCBs, electrical components and sensors. There will be close interface with the Avionics and Software teams in the company.
Everyone works on the big stuff here. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
- Bachelors or higher in Mechatronics engineering
- 2+ years experience of practical engineering experience, from conception to success
- Rocket or Propulsion experience from University or in your spare time
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year