We go to space to improve life on Earth
We are looking for a driven engineer with testing and data handling skills to work on our rocket engine testing. Some industry experience is ideal and a degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering is required. Day to day the role will cover engineering improvements of existing designs and development of new designs for upcoming projects.
You will be working in a team of skilled engineers with a wide range of capabilities to launch your engineering work to space. This role focusses on testing engine subsystems to support design development by developing, running and reviewing test on the hardware. There will be close interface with the Avionics and Software teams in the company.
Everyone works on the big stuff here. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
- Bachelors or higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 1+ years experience of engineering projects, from conception to success
- Rocket or Propulsion experience from University or in your spare time
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year