We go to space to improve life on Earth
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
The Senior Engineer – Integrated Electrical Systems is a highly technical role that is responsible for the development, design, build, integration and testing of Avionics Systems in support of launch vehicle upper stages, specialist electrical ground support equipment and production automation tools.
The role spans all end-to-end development phases, from electrical architectures, concept definition, harness design, routing, deployment, system modelling, automation, integrated test, and launch operations support for a subsystem or function. The team is a cross-functional team spanning low-voltage avionics, power systems, and avionics-based safety systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in electrical system design, hardware development, or electronics test engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience with programming languages, scripting tools, and automation (C/C++, Python preferred).
- Highly proficient in electronics principles and electrical systems, including power electronics, communication systems (e.g RS-422, SPI, Ethernet, CAN bus), signal integrity, and grounding.
- Highly proficient with instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including power supplies, oscilloscopes, serial devices, accelerometers, thermocouples, RTDs, and 4-20mA sensors
- Experience with eCAD and mCAD software packages such as Altium, SolidWorks Electrical, Rapid Harness, VeSys, Capitol, ePLAN, or Siemens NX.
- Experience in use of change management systems.
- Professional experience in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.