We go space to improve life on earth
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As a Senior RF Systems Engineer, you will play a key role in engineering new RF communications systems to be used on Electron and Neutron for Telemetry and Command applications. You will be responsible for leading and supporting the development of these systems across their development cycle, to ensure the systems are subjected to an appropriate level of engineering rigor, well documented, in compliance with requirements and generally fit for purpose. You will work closely with RF design engineers and test engineers, and with RL teams responsible for interfacing Photon subsystems. You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, majoring in communications systems (or an equivalent qualification)
- 5+ years of experience working as a systems engineer on RF communications system projects
- Experience supporting and leading systems engineering activities and developing associated documentation
- A good theoretical and practical understanding of RF communications systems including system level RF design and link budget analysis
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Previous experience working on aerospace RF communications systems
- Understanding of RF test and measurement fundamentals and practical experience with RF test equipment
Rocket Lab employee benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
- An employee stock purchase program
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace