We go to space to improve life on Earth
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
About the role
Flight software provides critical support to vehicle systems during launch and on orbit, operating launch vehicle and spacecraft avionics, collecting and distributing telemetry and commands, and hosting guidance, navigation and control software and algorithms.
Flight Software Engineers are responsible for creation, maintenance and support of software components, functions or services on the Electron launch vehicle, Photon spacecraft, and associated ground-based communication systems.
- Tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical
- Engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a software engineering related discipline
- C/C++ and Python programming experience
- Experience developing or integrating with embedded systems
- Experience with QT or similar GUI framework
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Redmine, Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, or other issue tracker
- Embedded software development
- Linux kernel development
- Experience with Scrum
- FPGA Development
- ARM Development