Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Our Ground Systems team is growing as we take on exciting new programs including our own satellite manufacturing division and a mission to the Moon for NASA. As a Mechanical Designer with the Ground Systems team you will be responsible for the design of launch range and test facility structures, mechanisms, tooling, and fluid systems. This includes all equipment used to handle and interface with the Electron launch vehicle from the moment it leaves our production facility until it is on orbit.
- Aerospace, mechanical, mechatronic, or CAD diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering design in aerospace and/or industrial sectors
- CAD, SolidWorks, EPDM
- Experience with structural design
- Experience with fabrication/production of industrial machinery and equipment
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
- Ability to work in fast paced, autonomously driven environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience with launch pad systems OR oil and gas, process, mining, or other similar industry
- Fluid system design
- NX and Teamcenter
- Experience with ASME, ASTM, AS/NZS, and/or NASA ground system standards would be an asset
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.