Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Mechanical Development & Test Engineer II – Structures works with the design and analysis teams to develop launch vehicle structures.
Responsibilities include developing component and system requirements, prototype testing, specifying and executing testing in formal qualification programs, and the specification of acceptance test programs for flight articles.
In this role you can expect to be involved in the development of Rocket Lab’s Neutron medium-lift vehicle, including key program milestones such as first article structural tests. You may also be called upon to assist with design revisions to Rocket Lab’s Electron small-lift vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Aerospace/Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering)
- 3+ years’ experience developing and testing structures and structural materials
- Knowledge of instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, etc.) and signal acquisition
- Creative, analytical, good at problem solving with a strong physics and mechanical engineering intuition
- Clear communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Good hands on engineering skills
- Familiarity with mechanics of carbon-fibre composite materials
- Large scale structural test programs (air frames, tanks, wings etc)
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.