Rocket Lab is redefining how we access SPACE. The satellites of today are getting smaller, doing more and costing less � and thousands of them need to get on orbit. Small satellites have been promised frequent, reliable and affordable dedicated launch for decades. Rocket Lab is delivering on this with a tailored, responsive launch service operating right now.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The IT Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation and operation of the network infrastructure within and between sites, monitoring, and associated applications that are required at Rocket Lab. Carrying out upgrades, maintenance, and having a focus on continuous improvement are key to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure. To achieve this a focus on security, automation, monitoring the environment, responding incidents / requests, and planning for growth is required. Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management and support of the IT Infrastructure and the delivery of projects. Collaborates with the IT Manager, the IT Team, and other key stakeholders to set targets, goals and deadlines. Ensure that systems are compliant with applicable standards to maintain robust information security in accordance with PSR and NIST 800-171.
- 5+ years in a technical role.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead teams and also work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience with most and in-depth knowledge in some of:
- Cisco and/or Juniper networking enterprise environments.
- Windows and/or Linux server (Ubuntu/Debian) enterprise environments.
- virtualization technologies, public / private cloud.
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Cloud based technologies: Azure, AWS, O365, etc.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of people of varying backgrounds, and to be adept at engaging with those people.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and present complex and technical concepts and ideas to a general audience.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Being an exceptional multitasker, displaying excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.