Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the implementation and orchestration of the different platforms and environments deployed at Rocket Lab. Carrying out upgrades, maintenance, and having a focus on continuous improvement are key to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure. To achieve this a focus on monitoring the environment and responding to incidents, problems, requests, and planning for growth is required.
This role will grow to an SME for all things DevOps, and advise on how to deliver and support IT systems through efficient management and support of the IT Infrastructure. Collaborating with the IT Manager, the IT Team, and other key stakeholders to set targets, goals and deadlines for projects in this area – whilst also ensuring that our systems are compliant with applicable standards to maintain robust information security in accordance with PSR and NIST 800-171.
- Bachelors or Higher in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years in a technical role, preferably running Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience with as much of the following as possible:
- Windows and/or Linux server (Ubuntu/Debian) enterprise environments
- Virtualization technologies, public / private cloud
- Automation, Configuration Management, and Infrastructure as code tools
- Database and reporting technologies: MS SQL, Power BI, MySQL, Tableau, etc
- Modern web-based applications including hosting, troubleshooting, security, etc.
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Cloud based technologies: Azure, AWS, O365, etc.
- Container Orchestration technologies like Docker / K8s
- IS orchestration / Deployment Automation: Ansible \ Salt \ Terraform
- Expert knowledge of the LAMP stack; Linux, Apache, etc
As well as a being a career-defining role, working at Rocket Lab means being part of meaningful projects with world-leading experts.
Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference.
We get things done. Our team is nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented. While other companies talk about it, we do it. This means projects get the green light faster and ideas are put into practice rapidly.
Everyone works on the big stuff. This isn’t a huge aerospace company where you get lost in bureaucracy and end up a tiny cog in a giant machine. At Rocket Lab, your work directly impacts the success of each mission. Everyone’s voice is heard, and everyone can contribute major projects. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in developing space systems that change the way we access space.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.