DATA ENGINEER II
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Data Engineer II
Based on site at one of Rocket Lab’s facilities in Long Beach, CA, Albuquerque, NM or Denver, CO. The Data Engineer II, as part of the Business Intelligence team is responsible for solutioning and delivering robust data pipelines, ultimately streamline analytics and advanced data science. You will support the Business Intelligence Manager and Business Intelligence/IT organization, with deliverables required for internal business departments and analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- You will work alongside an awesome team of Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Team Leads, Principal Data Engineers and other business functions to curate and shape datasets, develop data pipelines, in support Rocket and Satellite manufacturing
- Contributing to the development of Business Intelligence standards and our technology platform is an important part of the Business Intelligence Data Engineer’s responsibilities as is delivering streamlined data pipelines and assets
- Look after the data platforms to ensure analytics and pipelines are delivered on time
- Design and solution of re-usable data pipelines (batch and stream) using SQL and Python and other data programming languages
- Add value by technical knowledge in data and data science to propel the business intelligence team to the next level.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hands-on and experienced in data engineering for at least 3 years.
- You will have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science/Data and Analytics/Statistics or related field.
- 3 years of MS SQL and ETL experience.
- Experience in querying and ingesting data from APIs, and building APIs
- Knowledge in building and deploying pipelines alongside any other cloud ETL tools
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Cloud computing experience and deployment
- Built Data Science and Machine Learning models
- Agile experience
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab’s Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.